- Limits: Primary $10 million per claim / $10 million aggregate, with a broad range of deductible options. For excess limits, contact us.
- Premium credits available for engagement letter usage and longevity as a policyholder
- Definition of professional services includes consulting, investment advisory service, pro bono, personal fiduciary services, advertising injury, and personal injury (includes emotional distress and mental anguish)
- Accountants Professional Liability Hotline, available exclusively and without cost for ProDefender clients, provides guidance regarding claims, potential claims, and situations that could possibly lead to a claim.
- 50% reduction in deductible up to $50,000 maximum for use of engagement letters other than audit or attest ($5,000 maximum), or use of mediation ($50,000 maximum)
- Pre-claims expenses not charged against the deductible or liability limit even if a claim results. Deductible and liability limit not triggered until an actual claim is made
- Subpoena assistance for legal advice and testimony preparation
- Regulatory proceedings expense coverage up to $25,000
- Defense of third-party discrimination demands
- Innocent insureds provision applies to criminal, dishonest, illegal, fraudulent or malicious acts
- Loss of earnings coverage for attendance at trial $100 per hour with no aggregate
- Separate limit of defense coverage available in most states
- Prior acts coverage available for continuously maintained professional liability insurance
- Unlimited "tail coverage" for retiring solo practitioners
ProDefender APLI Fact Sheet
We believe many of the most serious claims scenarios can be avoided through a proactive approach to risk management.
Over the last two decades, we have developed the accounting profession's most comprehensive loss prevention program.
Accountants Professional Liability Hotline (844) 846-2084 provides guidance to ProDefender clients regarding claims, potential claims, and situations that could possibly lead to a claim. Hotline experts can also address questions concerning best practices, claim avoidance, engagement and disengagement of services, and general practice questions.
Skilled legal specialists. The hotline is staffed by experienced attorneys from Carlock, Copeland & Stair, LLP, a national law firm specializing in accountants professional liability. These attorneys are well-versed in all aspects of the CPA business, from audits, compilations and reviews of financials, to tax matters and the full gamut of business issues.
Call (844) 846-2084 for ProDefender's comprehensive hotline for accountants
Please note that the Hotline will not provide insurance coverage advice or serve as a substitute to reporting your claim as required under your policy of insurance with LIU. All claims or potential claims must be reported to Liberty at ProfLiabClaims@libertyiu.com.
Risk Management Fact Sheet